Ellipsis would like to congratulate and recognise four of its members who have been selected to lead the Victorian Under-22 teams at the Australian Under-22 Ultimate Championships 2019 later this year.
It’s the off season and there’s not many opportunities to froth together, so Ellipsis is hosting a mega event on the Grand Final Parade public holiday (Friday 27th September). We’ll be hosting a mini-tournament, holding our AGM and then heading out for a social event including dinner and drinks afterwards.
This AGM, the board is proposing three special resolutions to change our constitution to reflect our mission. The changes we’re putting forward are:
- We would like to increase our Committee size to include up to four Ordinary Committee Members (promoting community building through ultimate). Currently our constitution allows for two Ordinary Committee Members.
- We would like to enshrine in the constitution that at least 50% of board members will be female (promoting women’s ultimate in Australia and across the world). The constitution currently allows any gender ratio.
- We would like to to enshrine in the constitution that the President must be female (promoting women’s ultimate in Australia and across the world). Currently any member can be elected President.
Get in touch if you would like any information about these changes or to discuss them with someone from the board.
Date: Friday 27th September (Grand Final Day Public Holiday)
Time: Mini Tournament starts at 3:30pm, AGM at 4pm, followed by then dinner and drinks.
Ellipsis is seeking expressions of interest from players to compete in the women’s and men’s teams for the 2020 Australian Nationals season.
The club is looking to build on the successes of the 2019 season and will first and foremost continue to uphold the Ellipsis club vision https://www.ellipsisultimate.com/about/ by:
- Creating an environment for players to grow and develop their skills
- Upholding elite, competitive and highly spirited behaviours
- Maintaining respect and promoting gender equity
Those that feel they align to these goals and wish to be considered for selection should submit an EOI via this link.
Players will be required to attend all domestic tournaments (calendar to be advised) plus 2 team training sessions per week. There will also be a compulsory team weekend to be held soon after the team is announced. If this is an issue please outline in the EOI.
The EOI form will remain open until October, however training and selection information will be sent to EOI applicants who will out this form by Sunday 7th September. EOI’s submitted after this date may receive delayed information.
Selectors will be appointed by the board and announced to interested applicants shortly after the EOI closes through email.
You can access the EOI form via this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mgp7TxtHEt3hlcDzYL1L9Y2Gpz8IAT_YlZre8SE2FxI/viewform?edit_requested=true